- what cookies are and how are they used on the Lovehoney website;
- the cookies that Lovehoney uses (and why);
- how you can manage cookies used on our website;
- further information; and
What are cookies and how are they used on the Lovehoney website?
Cookies are a small file of text, often encrypted for privacy, that are stored by your web browser and used to store information between your visits to a website. Some cookies may collect personal information about you.
Cookies are an essential part of making the Lovehoney website work and are useful because they help us make your website experience more enjoyable. They allow us to recognise your device (e.g. your laptop or mobile device) so that we can tailor your experience of our website. That information includes the products you have added to your basket, and whether you prefer to view products by 'what's new' or new 'what's best-selling'.
You can find more general information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
The cookies that Lovehoney uses (and why)
- CFID, CFTOKEN, JSESSIONID and VISITORID
These cookies are needed for the shopping features on the Lovehoney website. They store information that includes the products you have added to your basket, and whether you prefer to view products by 'what's new' or new 'what's best-selling'. Without them you won't be able to shop on our website.
Live Chat and Customer Service
- Lovehoney uses LiveChatInc to enable website visitors to web chat to customer service agents. Live chat is only possible if cookies are enabled. The name a visitor provides when they start a live chat is stored and will remember a visitor's name for the next chat. A cookie is stored to remember the agent that a visitor has spoken to in order to try to speak to that agent again if they are available. There are various other cookies that are used during a chat session to notify about new message and synchronise chats if multiple chat windows are open. These are called "session cookies" and are removed when the chat ends.
- The LiveChatInc cookies are named _livechat, main_window_timestamp_. notification[new_messagees], _lc.visitor_id, 3rd_party, recent_window, message_text, common_iwcs, livechat_NNN
Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager are commonly used software that allow us to see how well we are doing when helping people shop online. They record information including how you reached the Lovehoney website, the city and county that you're browsing from, and what browser you are using. We can then see how people used the Lovehoney website to purchase from us. Tag manager also controls remarketing through Google's Display Network.
- Google Analytics is invaluable in helping us improve our service. We never pass any personally identifiable information over to Google.
- The Google Analytics cookies start with _ga
- The Google Tag Manager cookie is LandingUserID
- The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the case of the activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there.
- On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
- The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
- You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. to compile reports on website activity and provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
- In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Lovehoney uses a system called Adalyzer to track how effective our tv adverts are. It tracks your first visit, your last visit, and the time you accessed the site today. Doing so helps us gauge which of our adverts, and when we show the advert, is the best performing. Nothing personally identifiable is passed to Adalyzer.
- The Adalyzer cookies all begin with _adal
- We use a service called Monetate to test, customise and personalise parts of our shopping experience. This can include navigation, content, and structure. No personal data is stored or transmitted to Monetate.
- The Monetate cookies are mt.v and session-set
- Our website may use SessionCam for analysis. SessionCam is a product that has been developed by SessionCam LTD. SessionCam may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected does not include bank details or any special categories of personal data. Data collected by SessionCam from Lovehoney's website is for Lovehoney's internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
- You can learn more at the SessionCam website.
- The SessionCam cookies start with either _sc or Sessioncam"
How you can manage cookies used on our website
Cookies do lots of jobs on our website. However, you may be able to disable them if you would like to and if the relevant third party allows you to. If you do this, you may find that certain parts of our website do not work at all, or do not work correctly.
If you use Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
If you use Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
If you use Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21447?locale=en_US
If you use Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
If you use different devices, make sure you configure the settings of the corresponding browser according to your preferences.